COTABATO CITY - Officially titled “Promoting Political Climate and Stability for Peace in the Bangsamoro”, The Pro Politics for Peace project will be ceremoniously launched at the Marco Polo Hotel, Davao City on May 10, 2015.It aims to jumpstart the continuing effort to harness the participation of LGUs, PPOCs, and Local Political Leaders in the continuing debate on the concept of autonomy within the broader peace process. Specifically, it aims to facilitate the arena of discussion on the Local Government Code and the formulation of policies in the Administrative Code (with reference to local governance) in the evolving autonomy.
Likewise, the forum/discussion will feature the facilitated exchange of views and ideas between the participants and the national lawmakers, policy implementer, legal framers, and congressional sponsors of local government policies and laws on the persistent issues of local governance and double autonomy in the ARMM.
The 1-day event will comprise two component activities:
- Launching of the Pro Politics for Peace project
- LGU Forum among the mainland provinces of ARMM entitled “Governance and Politics for Peace in the Evolving Bangsamoro”
The expected participants include the LGUs, the Provincial Peace and Order Councils (PPOC), the local political leaders, and the religious leaders and CSOs of the mainland provinces of ARMM.
The forum will be highlighted by a panel discussion that will include the following national and local influential figures:
- Chair Mohagher Iqbal, Bangsamoro Transition Commission
- Chair Prof. Miriam Coronel-Ferrer, GPH Negotiating Panel
- Gen. Emmanuel Bautista (Ret), Executive Director, Cabinet Cluster on Security, Justice and Peace
- Governor Mujiv Hataman, Regional Governor of the ARMM
- Undersecretary Jose Lorena, Office of the Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process
- Ms. Malou Tiquia, Political Analyst
Warren Hoye, the First Secretary of the Australian Embassy in the Philippines, Sec. Teresita Quintos Deles, the OPAPP Secretary; Gov. Mujiv Hataman, the Regional Governor of ARMM and Gov. Esmael Mangudadatu, the Governor of Maguindanao will deliver solidarity messages during the launching program.
The Institute for Autonomy and Governance (IAG), Local Government Development Foundation (LOGODEF), Philippine Center for Islam and Democracy (PCID), Zamboanga Basilan Integrated Development Alliance (ZABIDA) are implementing this project with the funding support fromthe Australian Government thru the Australian Embassy in the Philippines.